Positive Psychology and Growth Mindset
Norma spoke to Dan Haesler and Alli Williamson together after their successful forum at Mount Carmel College. Dan is the Director of Cut Through Coaching and Consulting. Dan consults with individuals and organisations around issues of engagement, wellbeing, mindset and leadership. He has presented alongside educational leaders, Olympians, Academy Award winners and His Holiness the Dalai Lama. He has also consulted with government education projects, corporate business, schools and professional associations such as The Black Dog Institute, Microsoft, Adobe and the National Library of Australia.
She talks to Dan and Alli about:
- What is growth mindset?
- Will a person succeed with a growth mindset?
- How can teachers be promoting Positive education in schools?
- How can teachers be fostering growth mindset in schools?
- What can parents do to foster growth mindset?
- Should we be telling children that they can be anything that they want to be?
- Should we be telling children not to give up?
- What were some of the highlights of the forum?
- What are some take home messages?
More information can be sourced from: