Norma spoke to Emma Harris, owner of Sport Psychology Tasmania. Emma provides performance and welfare support to individual athletes and coaches, as well as sporting teams and squads. She has experience working with junior athletes and their parents, amateur to elite athletes, as well as professional sporting organisations, focusing on improving athletic performance and supporting the wellbeing and mental health of the individuals.
She talks to Emma about:
- The science of sports psychology and her profession as a sports psychologist.
- The benefits of sports psychology.
- The parallels of sports psychology and positive psychology.
- Positive psychology in practice with the developing child, especially helping them to understand their emotions and thought processes.
More information can be sourced from:
- Sport Psychology Tasmania
- Positive Education and KidsMatter resources are also available through the College