Alumnae of Mount Carmel College
The Alumnae’s purpose is to continue to find new ways to grow and connect with Mount Carmel College and with each other.
The Alumnae association was established to foster a spirit of pride in the College and foster a sense of community. We therefore welcome all past students, parents and staff and encourage alumnae of all generations to stay connected with us.
All Alumnae of Mount Carmel and St Joseph’s are welcome to attend the regularly held meetings and contribute fresh ideas and insights. The Alumnae’s success comes from the strength of the connections formed by its members.
For the full story of St. Joseph’s and Mount Carmel and historical photos, please see our history page.
The objects of the Association are:
- To promote the interests of Mount Carmel College, Sandy Bay, Tasmania.
- To foster a spirit of union and good fellowship amongst the ex-students of the said College.
- To unite as far as possible the past students of the said College with the present students thereof.
- To keep the ex-students of the said College together and in touch with the College activities and with the College Authorities.
- To support and assist all functions and activities of the College.
- To hold re-unions and other functions.
- To foster amongst the ex-students a greater spirit of pride in and patriotism towards the College so that by example and conduct in religious civil and social matters the College may be kept in a pre-eminent position amongst the educational establishments of Australasia.
- To foster amongst the students of the College a spirit of affectionate respect for the ex-students and to make available to the students willingly and gratuitously the advice of the ex-students gained from experience.
Connect With Us
The College is exceptionally proud of the many and varied achievements of its past students, so we encourage all alumnae to reconnect with us and share their stories, career updates, successes and family news with us.
Follow us on Facebook to keep abreast of our latest news and events. Find and Like our page by searching for Alumnae of Mount Carmel College. We encourage all alumnae to share this page with their network of former classmates. You can also stay in touch with current news at the College by reading The View newsletter newsletter which is published fortnightly online.
Contact us via email email or through the Contact Us link below. Let us know your name (maiden and married), postal address, email address plus the years you attended Mount Carmel.
President Yvonne Chaperon
Vice President Maureen Fasnacht
Treasurer Liz Jordan
Secretary Barbara Berkery
Committee Members Norma Cooper, Anne Haward and Therese McDevitt
Error: Only up to 6 widgets are supported in this layout. If you need more add your own layout.