Mount Carmel & St Joseph’s Old Scholars’ AssociationWe warmly invite all past scholars to reconnect with us. There is no charge and you will receive our newsletter and be kept informed about coming Old Scholar events and other activities. All you have to do is fill in your details on the form below. We’d also love to hear what you’ve been up to since leaving us.
For the full story of St. Joseph’s and Mount Carmel and historical photos, please see our history page.
The objects of the Association are:
- To promote the interests of Mount Carmel College, Sandy Bay, Tasmania.
- To foster a spirit of union and good fellowship amongst the ex-students of the said College.
- To unite as far as possible the past students of the said College with the present students thereof.
- To keep the ex-students of the said College together and in touch with the College activities and with the College Authorities.
- To support and assist all functions and activities of the College.
- To hold re-unions and other functions.
- To foster amongst the ex-students a greater spirit of pride in and patriotism towards the College so that by example and conduct in religious civil and social matters the College may be kept in a pre-eminent position amongst the educational establishments of Australasia.
- To foster amongst the students of the College a spirit of affectionate respect for the ex-students and to make available to the students willingly and gratuitously the advice of the ex-students gained from experience.
Connect With Us
The Mount Carmel College Old Scholars Association has established a Facebook page to encourage Old Scholars to reconnect with one another and share their memories via social media. We encourage all Old Scholars to share this page with their network of former classmates. You can find and Like their page by searching for Mount Carmel College Old Scholars
Stay in touch with what is happening at Mount Carmel College by visiting us online to read the The View newsletter.
Contact by Old Scholars is always warmly welcomed by clicking on the Contact Us link below. Let us know your contact details: name, postal address, email and phone numbers plus the years you attended Mount Carmel. The College is exceptionally proud of the many and varied achievements of its past students, so please remember to keep us informed of your celebrations, special occasions and successes beyond the school gates.
2018-2019 CommitteePresident Yvonne Chaperon
Vice President Maureen Fasnacht
Treasurer Liz Jordan
Secretary Barbara Berkery
Committee Members Norma Cooper, Anne Haward and Therese McDevitt
Minutes of Meetings
Return to Mount Carmel Evening
Thank you to all the Old Scholars, former parents and staff who joined us on Friday 10 August for an evening of catching up, reminiscing and a tour of the College. For many it was the first time they had stepped back into the College grounds since finishing their education at Mount Carmel. It was wonderful to see so many faces across the decades.