Our scholarships provide opportunities for our next generation of learners.
Mount Carmel girls are courageous learners. They are encouraged to challenge themselves, use their knowledge to make a difference, foster new and existing interests and strive for excellence across all areas.
Scholarship applications for students entering Years 5 and 7 in 2024 have now closed.
Mount Carmel offers the following scholarships to students entering Years 5 and 7. There are no scholarship examinations to complete, rather applicants are asked to submit a one-page handwritten summary outlining the reasons for their application, linking their response to the selection criteria for the particular scholarship.
Year 5 Scholarships
For students new to Catholic Education in 2024.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship: for those who identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and is accepted as such by the community in which she lives.
- Academic Scholarship: for high academic performance and enthusiasm for learning across all subject areas.
- The Arts Scholarship: for those who have motivation to participate in the selected Arts (Dance, Drama, Music, Visual Art) and a willingness to extend themselves.
Year 7 Scholarships
For all students entering Year 7 in 2024.
- All Rounder: for high academic performance across all subject areas and participation in College co-curricular events and activities.
- Sisters of Charity: for those who follow in the footsteps of our founders, through service to the community and display a commitment to social justice and the environment.
- Sports Scholarship: for achievement in a chosen sporting field at school, community, state or national level and participation in, and contribution to, the College’s sporting co-curricular program.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview with a key member of College staff to discuss their application further. If a student is yet to apply for enrolment at Mount Carmel College, an enrolment application is to be submitted with or before the scholarship application.