Kindergarten at Mount Carmel College is built upon the foundation of learning through play.
In 2022, Mount Carmel College is offering flexibility for families with Kindergarten operating five days a week for four and five year old girls.
By extending our Kindergarten program to five days a week, we aim to assist families in managing their weekly commitments, providing more flexibility in the number of days their child can attend Kindergarten.
Applications for Kindergarten 2022 are currently being accepted.
Our Kindergarten program is play-based, inquiry-led and child centred. It is designed to provide interesting, diverse and challenging experiences that gives children the opportunity and time to build confidence, social skills and independence in a secure and nurturing environment.
The Early Years Learning Framework: ‘Belonging, Being and Becoming’, aims to stimulate social, emotional, cognitive, linguistic, creative, and physical development.
In 2022, our Kindergarten class will operate five days a week, with parents asked to nominate a minimum of three days, with the option of nominating additional days.
Changing and adding extra days to the already nominated days will be subject to availability of space and ensuring optimal class sizes.
At Mount Carmel we offer affordable fees and easy payment options to suit all families. Tuition fees for Kindergarten 2022 are a flat fee of $3225.00 per annum irrespective of the number of days nominated.
|Number of Days||Days||Annual Fees||Monthly Instalments (x10 : Feb-Nov)|
|Three (minimum required)||Wednesday, Thursday and Friday||$3225.00*||$322.50*|
|Four||One additional day to the minimum of three required||$3225.00*||$322.50*|
|Five||Monday - Friday||$3225.00*||$322.50*|
* Kindergarten fees are applicable to 2022 only and are subject to annual review.
Features of our Kindergarten program
- the different needs, interests and development levels of every student are celebrated and affirmed
- indoor and outdoor learning environments
- participation in wider school activities such as sporting carnivals, Arts Festivals, Grandparents and Special Friends Morning and liturgical celebrations
- weekly specialist classes, including music, physical education and library
- a buddy relationship with the Year 4 students
- regular Bush Kinder sessions, exploring the natural environment of nearby Lambert Park
As a Catholic school, Mount Carmel College provides an integrated Religious Education program.
The best way to discover our Kindergarten program is to book a personal tour. Contact our Enrolments Officer at email@example.com or call 6216 7900.
Before and After School Care
To assist families in managing their day-to-day commitments, Mount Carmel College offers Outside School Hours Care for students from Kinder to Year 6 within the Kindergarten Centre. Before School Care operates from 7.30am-8.30am with After School Care operating from 2.45pm–6.00pm.